A vehicle bill of sale is one which we require during the sell of any vehicle like your used car to someone else. The bill of sale will act like a proof of goods exchange between two parties for the purpose of money or any other thing. There are lots of templates available online for bill of sale which can be downloaded free of cost but in any case if you wanted to write the bill of sale for the vehicle by your own it can be done by keeping all of the important points in mind which are required to write a professional bill of sale. Here, we are going to provide you the way and important points which will help you in writing the bill of sale.
Gather all of the necessary information
- In the first, you have to gather all of the important information related to your vehicle like it’s VIN, proof of registration and all other information like of mode, make and the year of manufacture of your vehicle. You should also note all of the information of any damage caused to the vehicle for which the buyer will be responsible.
- In a second way, you have to collect all of the personal information related to seller and buyer. Collect full name of both buyer and seller with their complete permanent address to include them on your bill of sale for the vehicle. All these information are very important to make any sale legal like as for your used car.
- In the third point, you have to determine the price of your vehicle which is going to be sold. Like how the seller or buyer has to exchange their payments with the mode of payment.
Write a proper Professional Bill of Sale
After collecting all of the important information now you have to write the bill of sale for vehicle by following below steps :
- First of all type bill of sale at the top of the page or document.
- Now, provide a brief description pf item you are going sell or purchase like the make, model, year, VIN, registration number, Odometer reading etc of your used car. At the time you give the description of vehicle you should also mention any kind of damage, color or any specific feature of your vehicle.
- At last you should add the statement of sale in your bill where both parties are involved with seller’s name and address with the name and address of buyer’s. You should also mention the price of the item or vehicle going to be sold. There also mention if any kind of warranty or any other information needed to be mentioned.
- Now, in last you have to leave a particular area for the signature of both buyer and seller with witnesses signature by mentioning current date and time.
Review and Sign your Document
Next, after writing your bill of sale for vehicle you have to review it properly and check for any further error. Now, take it to the notary in the presence of both buyer, seller and witnesses for the purpose of registration after all confirmation and everything being done successfully both buyer and seller has to sign this bill of sale for a vehicle as an agreement for the exchange of property. You can use this bill of sale for the use in future.
So, by following above steps one can easily write bill of sale for vehicle now we are going to provide you some of the templates for different types :
Florida bill of sale for vehicle
Alberta bill of sale for vehicle
Texas bill of sale for vehicle
DMV bill of sale for vehicle